Doug has experience in all areas of family law, including divorce, collaborative divorce, custody, parenting time, support, paternity, guardianship, step-parent adoption, and representation of parents in child protective proceedings. In addition to representing clients in family law matters, he provides mediation services and has served as arbitrator in divorce cases.
- Calvin College, (Bachelor of Arts in biology, 1987)
- Valparaiso School of Law, (Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 1993)
- Licensed in all district courts, circuit courts and appellate courts for the State of Michigan
- Licensed in the Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Member of the Collaborative Divorce Professionals of West Michigan.
Doug and his wife live in Holland and are active members of 14th Street Christian Reformed Church.