Tiffany R. VanderKolk
Tiffany has devoted her professional career to protecting employers against the full spectrum of employment-related claims. She offers expert legal advice on labor and employment issues to clients spanning various industries, including manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and government. She helps clients tackle intricate employee-related matters and advises them on issues concerning civil rights laws, disability and leave policies, wage and hour regulations, and labor relations. Additionally, she conducts training sessions for human resources personnel and supervisors and creates employment agreements, policy manuals, employee handbooks, and agreements that pertain to confidentiality, non-compete, separation, and independent contractors.
Tiffany also possesses significant litigation expertise, having effectively defended employers in all facets of employment litigation. This includes representing clients in discrimination and harassment claims in state and federal courts, as well as before various administrative agencies, such as the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, the Department of Labor, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- West Virginia University College of Law (Juris Doctor, 2012)
- West Virginia Wesleyan College (Bachelor of Arts, 2008, magna cum laude)
- State Bar of Michigan and its Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections
- Ottawa County Bar Association
- Director of The Grand Haven Children’s Museum
- Grand Haven Chamber Leadership Connect, Class of 2019
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star, Employment & Labor, 2021 and 2022
- Grand Rapids Magazine, Top Lawyers List, 2022
- Hour Detroit Magazine, Top Women Attorneys in Michigan, 2022 and 2023
- The Community Banker: Be Careful: The EEOC Issues New Guidance on Workplace Retaliation (Fall 2016)
- The West Virginia Defense Trial Counsel Notebook of Articles: Are all Employers Created Equal? Setoff Shenanigans for Special Employers in Deliberate Intent Cases (2016)
Tiffany and her husband, Vance, reside in Spring Lake with their two sons. When not working, she enjoys traveling and spending quality time with her family. Tiffany is also an outdoor enthusiast, participating in activities such as boating, golfing, hiking, and skiing throughout the year.