Environmental law is an extremely important and necessary part of the transfer and development of real property and business assets. Scholten Fant’s environmental practice covers many aspects of environmental regulation, permitting, and site remediation. We guide you from the terms of the initial offer to closing and beyond, so that you always know where you stand.
We also have substantial expertise in wastewater treatment and related public utility matters and are well-suited to assist the legal needs of the manufacturing and development industries in the Muskegon and Grand Haven areas.
Experience and Expertise
- Brownfield redevelopment plans and Financial Incentives
- Wastewater treatment regulatory matters
- Pre-purchase or lease investigations of property conditions using Phase I or II environmental site assessments and/or baseline environmental assessments and the review and interpretation of the assessments
- Negotiation and drafting of environmental indemnification clauses, representations, and warranties
- Allocation of clean-up responsibilities, liabilities and expenses
- Negotiation of site restrictions or covenants
- Working with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality and Local Units of Government on redevelopment plans and permits for the new use
- Riparian rights
- Underground storage tanks
- Asbestos issues
- Marina location and size
- Wetlands regulation, mitigation, and development